Personalizing your laptop is a great way to make it truly yours. When it comes to Windows 10, the default wallpaper not only represents the brand but also offers stunning visuals.
However, if you want to change your desktop wallpaper, theme colors, and impression-related settings and give your PC a fresh look, Windows 10 provides various options to customize your desktop.
We are also going to learn about some additional features to enhance your PC’s looks other than changing the wallpaper in Windows 10.
Note: If your Windows is not Activated with a valid license you will not be able to personalize your desktop picture. So if this is your case, then please stop reading from here.
Table Of Contents:
How to Change Wallpaper in Windows 10
Microsoft’s Windows 10 helps you keep your device looking great, by offering different themes and colors. One of the best parts of Windows 10’s wallpaper settings is that you are not bound to have wallpapers offered by Windows 10 only.
Customizing means personalizing things according to yourself, and Windows 10 understands it and helps you do that. With Windows 10, you can set any picture of your choice as a wallpaper, instead of using the default ones.
Follow the below instructions to change your wallpaper on your PC:
- Press the Windows key on the keyboard.
- Open the Settings app.
- In settings, click the Personalization icon.
- Underneath the ‘Background’ title, click on the drop-down menu.
- Choose whether you want to set a picture, a solid color, or a slideshow.
- For setting a wallpaper, choose the picture option from the menu.
- Choose a picture from the given default wallpapers.
To set a wallpaper image of your own instead of the given ones, follow up
- Hit the Browse button.
- Choose a picture you wish to set as wallpaper.
- Click on the Choose Picture button.
You can also choose how you want the image to fit as your wallpaper. Also, see the preview of how it will look on your desktop’s background and change it if needed. And that’s it.
Enhance Other Display Options
Now you know How to Change Wallpaper in Windows 10. There are many other ways to personalize your display appearance without going anywhere else. You can customize color management settings on your PC as per your need and make further personalization.
Choose a Theme Color
You already know how good Windows 10’s blue color looks on the device. But changing the color of your device gives you a brand new feeling.
Having a theme color looks even better when it follows the whole appearance system of your computer. And with Windows 10’s color-customizing setting, it’s possible.
Windows 10 has recently introduced the dark mode to its users. Let’s see how it works:
- In Settings, click on the Personalization icon
- Now, select the Color option from the menu
- Open the drop-down menu and select the Custom option
- Now, you can scroll down to choose your accent color
- You can either choose between the Light mode and Dark mode for your Windows
- Similarly, select a mode for the apps on your device
The accent color will be your Windows color. e.g., it will be the same color on the Start, taskbar, title bar, etc. when the dark mode is disabled.
Customize the Lock Screen In Windows 10
Lockscreen is the first screen that shows up when you start your device. I guess you might be thinking that the device stays locked while you’re on that screen, so how do we customize it?
But yes, you can make changes and improvise it from the lock screen setting. You get to change the picture and select the apps you want on the lock screen too. So, let’s see how you can do so:
- Head toward the Personalization menu in the settings.
- Click on the Lockscreen option from the left pane.
- Expand the drop-down menu.
- Now, choose between Windows Spotlight, Picture, and Slideshow.
- When you click on Picture, you have to choose a picture from your device’s media.
- When you click on Slideshow, you have to choose an album/folder to use as a slideshow when your lock screen is up.
Change the System Theme
Changing your device’s Windows 10 desktop background theme is a good idea just for a change. Windows 10 offers several default themes that you can try for your computer.
Changing the theme, helps you to enjoy a change in the wallpaper, colors, and sound at the same time. Here, you have the option to either choose from the default themes or get one from the Microsoft Store as well.
- In the Personalization section, click on themes on the left sidebar
- On the right side of the current theme display, you’ll see Background, color, sounds, and mouse cursor option to customize
- You can customize these features individually from here
- Or, scroll down and see some other themes under the Change Theme title
- Or, Get more themes in Microsoft Store
- Hit the Save theme button to save the changes you created
Personalize the Start Menu
However, the Start menu on your Windows 10 automatically adapts the color you choose for other programs. Luckily, there are different ways to help you customize your start menu.
You can choose between programs, folders, or apps whether you want them on the Start menu or not. For instance, which apps do you want to show up on the Start menu, how do you want them to appear, the background color of the Start menu, etc.?
So let’s check some of the ways you can make your Start menu look fresher:
- Simply, go to personalization, and click on the Start menu on the left pane.
- Now toggle the features on as per your convenience.
- Click on the link ‘Choose which folders appear on Start’ to select the folders to appear on the Start menu.
- Turn on the folders to make them appear on the Start menu.
You will be seeing the preview of the Start menu on the upper side of the Start setting.
After all the personalization that you have done, it is important to check if the screen resolution on your PC is correct so that you get a crystal clear view of everything that you have personalized on Windows 10.
The process of changing wallpaper in Windows 10 may be challenging for the first-time user. Make sure that you are able to do the right things to change the background image of your desktop by following the above instructions.
While Windows 10 offers you really good graphics with the default theme, that doesn’t mean you are bound to use them only. There are various beautiful options offered by Microsoft Store to enhance your Windows 10.
The most recent effort made by Microsoft Windows 10 regarding the looks of it is the dark mode in Windows 10. A notable point of the new feature is that you can choose whether you want to have a dark mode on the apps or not.
So that you are not forced to use it even when you don’t want it to apply to some of your apps.
Well, that’s a lot of talk, see you in the next article. Thanks for reading!