We have been showing our creativity for a long time with Movie Maker in Windows. Windows Movie Maker software is a simple to use utility by which you can quickly create movies by combining videos, pictures, and music altogether.
The transition effects, audio effects, and inbuilt photo editing features of Movie Maker can instantly turn simple videos and pictures into a beautiful movie like video.
Windows Movie Maker is a nice free video editing software that is easy to use and learn. It’s 2019 and almost every one of us have a smartphone. We take pictures and videos all the time, be it an outing with friends or attending a close friends wedding. Movie Maker can help you to make a beautiful compilation of your cam data.
UPDATE: Unfortunately, Windows Movie Maker is no longer available for download in Windows 10, but you can still download Movie Maker that comes with the name Movie Maker 10 – Tell your story. (It’s not owned by Microsoft). Here it is:
[appbox windowsstore 9mvfq4lmz6c9 ]
You do not need to read more from here as this is the old article and the method does not work anymore.
This post does not show you how to use Windows Movie Maker, but if you want to learn it here is a simple article with screenshots. In this post, I will show you how to download and install Windows Movie Maker in Windows 10.
Do share this post if you find it useful. I always try to add more value to this blog and to do so I will need your support.
Windows Movie Maker Download In Windows 10
Note that Windows Movie Maker 12 is included in Windows Essentials 2012.
So when you begin the installation, you will see that the Windows Essentials 2012 is installing, but don’t worry it will install Windows Movie Maker as it as bundled in Windows Essentials 2012.
Just make sure to uncheck other bundled software like Live Messenger, Photo Gallery, SkyDrive, Live Mail, Live Writer, etc that comes with Windows Essentials if you do not want to install them.
- Click Download Windows Movie Maker free. When you see the Microsoft site with the “DOWNLOAD NOW” button click on it and in no time Windows Movie Maker will be downloaded on your PC/Laptop.
- I am using Google Chrome Web browser and my download can be seen below.
- Now double click on the downloaded Windows Essentials 2012 setup file to begin the installation.
- In the next step, you will see two options as in the below screenshot. Click on “Choose the programs you want to install“.
- If you select the first choice, then all Windows Essentials 2012 applications will be installed.
AlsoRead: Download Free CCleaner For Windows 10
- Now in the next screen “Uncheck” everything and just keep “Checked” – Photo Gallery and Movie Maker and then click on Install Windows Live Movie Maker
- The Windows Movie Maker will begin the installation. Wait for a couple of mins.
- Once the installation is completed, you will see the below screen. Now click Close.
- That’s it you have successfully installed Windows Movie Maker that was bundled with Windows Essential 2012. Now go to “Cortana” and type in “Movie Maker“.
- Click on the Movie Maker Desktop App as you see in the screenshot above. A new window will pop up. Read the Windows Essentials 2012 Agreement and then click on “Accept.”
- Wait for a second and you will see Windows Movie Maker on your Windows 10.
Go and start using it. Show some creativity.
Also Read: Copy Music And Videos To Your Phone
I hope this Windows 10 guide on Windows Movie Maker Download On Windows 10 made it easy for you to get Windows Movie Maker 12 for your Windows 10.
Please do like our Facebook Fan Page and Share this as much as you can to support us.